Good Find: Ichiro Japanese Casual Restaurant

Frequenting in Taft Avenue, Manila can bear results such as finding a gem restaurant. And that's what we concluded when we found out about Ichiro Japanese Casual Restaurant. 

ichiro japanese casual restaurant taft manila facade

ichiro japanese casual restaurant taft manila menu

Ichiro is proud of their authentic Japanese cuisine from tonkatsu, sushi and maki, ramen, udon, donburi and etc. We noticed that their tonkatsu meals come in set and there were a lot to choose from. At that time, Ross Katsu was sold out. Second option was Cheese Roll Kastu (Pork Ham and Cheese) at Php 185 plus Php 10 for juice.

Waited for just about five minutes for our bentos to be served. During this time, noticed the Japanese vibe of the restaurant's decors: wooden chairs plus Japanese characters as figurines or painting hung above. It has a homey feel and I liked it.

ichiro japanese casual restaurant taft manila interior


ichiro japanese casual restaurant taft manila decors

In the middle of our admiration came the Cheese Roll Kastu set. In the set were four slices of the Katsu, cheese oozing so that it distracts, a cup of rice, lump of cabbages with Japanese Mayo, miso soup, tonkatsu sauce and sesame seeds and a red iced tea.

ichiro japanese casual restaurant taft manila tonkatsu sauce

ichiro japanese casual restaurant taft manila tonkatsu sauce1

I always try the miso first though I don't like it and my stance remains. Next I tried the shredded cabbages with Japanese Mayo (asking for additional sauce is at Php 10). It's so good. Better than Yabu: House of Katsu inasmuch as I can remember. I enjoyed munching it and thought that's the best part already. Just paid around Php 200 so my expectations are calculated.

ichiro japanese casual restaurant taft manila cheese roll katsu bento


ichiro japanese casual restaurant taft manila cheese roll katsu bento 1

But no. If I can sum it as, "I've tasted the best Katsu ever!" then by all means. Why? First, the crust just crumbles with every bite! I bet even if I don't have teeth, I can still munch it. The meat follows suit, too. The cheese ends it in a very nice note. I remember just blubbering how good it was during the course of the meal.

Well, unlike in Yabu, it's not unlimited though. But it's value-meal at its best. It's really must-try in Taft. In this encloses my wish that they continue to be consistent. I have to be back to check. :-)


Click to add a blog post for Ichiro on Zomato 
:4.5


Ichiro Japanese Casual Restaurant is located at:


2/F One Archer's Place,
Taft Avenue, 
Malate, Manila

0 comments: