The Yabu Experience

Yabusog with my Yaburitong food buddies!

Yabu: House of Katsu is like a trip to Japan. Its animated walls, fresh from the land of the rising sun and condiments all complement together to serve the best original Katsu in town. Yabu isn't  all about the food, it’s the experience.


yabu: house of katsu review
 Yahoo for Yabu


yabu: house of katsu condimentsyabu: house of katsu food blog
yabu: house of katsu himalayan pink salt
Yabu condiments + Himalayan pink salt

We didn't notice how fast or slow their service was. We got engrossed as their menu retold the beginnings of Katsu in words and in manga. And just before our orders were served, we made our very own tonkatsu sauce.

As we grind the sesame seeds, its aroma filled the air. That's our cue to pour a cup or two of the sauce, and we're now all set to munch.

yabu: house of katsu sesame seedsyabu: house of katsu sm moa
Grind and Pour

I ordered the Hire Tonkatsu Set (Php 330), as opposed to Rosu because it doesn’t have fat.  It came along with Japanese Rice (I went healthy so I opted for brown rice), miso soup, Japanese pickles, unlimited cabbage with sesame dressing and a bowl of fruit.

yabu: house of katsu hire tonkatsu set
Hire-kiri meal!

I enjoyed eating my Hire and did so effortlessly. The pork is soft in my mouth yet it’s crunchy on the outside (sounds like french fries :P).  Although I’m not a fan of miso soup, I banked on the unli cabbage to make a sulit meal. Speaking of sulit, I also was able to try Menchi (thanks to my friend, Kuya Ed who was surprisingly full at that time). It’s oozing with flavor, thanks to its oozy creamy cheese.


It’s a three thumbs-up for Yabu. It’s Japayummy and sulit! Not to mention their good service especially for new-timers.



Yabu: House of Katsu has a branch in:


SM Mall of Asia

0 comments: