Lunch at Tori Box along Taft

I was so happy with my Ichiro Japanese Casual Restaurant experience that I decided to push again for another great find the next day. Parallel to One Archer's place where Ichiro was located lies Tori Box, a non-descript restaurant that's quite easy to miss when just walking on the sidewalk.

toribox taft manila tonkatsu review facade

toribox taft manila tonkatsu review decors

Fast-food like, gave it a shot. Still motivated by the yumminess of the previous day's Cheese Roll Kastu,  this time in Tori Box went for Cheese Katsu (chose pork between chicken) at Php 145.

toribox taft manila tonkatsu review review

When the order arrived, here's what it offered: Katsu as big as my hands spread, a lump of cabbages and shredded cabbages. I bought separately the Red Iced tea, 16 oz, at Php 30.

toribox taft manila tonkatsu cheese tonkatsu

Attacked the cabbages first but it wasn't as good as Ichiro's. So okay, placed my bet on the Cheese Katsu. But I didn't let my hopes high as judging from it, it's dry. It looks very different, too. The cheese here was just spread on top. I was right that it's not as juicy. It was like eating porkchop. The cheese also didn't help much as it doesn't taste like it.

toribox taft manila tonkatsu cheese tonkatsu1

In the end, I concluded, it's cheaper but better in Ichiro. For a quick fix, I'd rather eat Chickenjoy but okay, it wasn't a complete loss.


Click to add a blog post for Toribox Cafe on Zomato
: 3


Tori Box is located at:


Beside One Archer's Place,
Taft Avenue, Malate,
Manila

0 comments: