Long Overdue: 25th Birthday at Little Home of Nazareth

A year after, I never thought that I'd find the urge to write this. Some good memories, perhaps, demand to be felt- again. So I'm traveling down my memory lane, July 26, 2014, two days before my 25th birthday in Little Home of Nazareth (for the Neglected Orphaned and Abandoned) of the Little Sisters of the Annunciation because:

Took this photo during my ocular visit
  • It's in my bucket list in that "once I earn my dough" portion. It came a little late. Nevertheless, when I started to make my first dream board in 2014, I decided to make it happen. (Thanks for the dream board idea, Cha!)
  • I know somewhere out there, another soul is looking for the same experience: to make children happy. As a marketer by day, I know the power of search engines. I pray that this will be a click away to one generous heart.
  • When I get old, 100,000 light-years from now, I want to remember how this made me feel much made special with the company people close to my heart. I don't want this to blur.

In my search for kids, I ended not far from home. Little Home of Nazareth was just inside BF Resort Village in Las Piñas where I met Sister Lucy.

The Preparation
I had been to several outreach. In some, I took part in the preparation..But never once for my own. It thrilled me that, finally this is going to happen. With the help of friends from my FRM community, while I crafted the program they took charge of the hosting and party music.

Since it was a party of the kids, bought party hats, name tags, prizes and loot bags. The quest for the prizes and gifts part was in itself fun already. Stashed in the loot cartoon character pencil set (with short ruler and eraser),  small notebook with ball pen and little comb.
Little Home of Nazareth of the Little Sisters of the Annunciation Las Piñas 2
Eggzoited! Before they were packed!
For the prizes bought also character tumblers and hair accessories.

By the way, they were all girls so just played around the theme of Barbie, Frozen, Strawberry Shortcake and Sofia the First. More characters, more pinks and violets, more fun!
Little Home of Nazareth of the Little Sisters of the Annunciation Las Piñas 3
Before the party! So colorful!
Also made this invite for my other friends using PicCollage that I enjoyed doing with free stickers:
My 25th Invitation via PicCollage
After all, it's a girls party!
The Memorable Party
Little Home of Nazareth has a relatively large garden perfect for parties. We all played with the kids. There was a game of relay with hula-hoops, longest happy birthday in tandem with the ates and kuyas and trip to Jerusalem big sisters and brothers playing as the chair.

Little Home of Nazareth of the Little Sisters of the Annunciation Las Piñas 4
My lovely hosts!
Little Home of Nazareth of the Little Sisters of the Annunciation Las Piñas 5
Pray before anything else
Little Home of Nazareth of the Little Sisters of the Annunciation Las Piñas 6
Let the games begin!
Little Home of Nazareth of the Little Sisters of the Annunciation Las Piñas 6Little Home of Nazareth of the Little Sisters of the Annunciation Las Piñas games

Little Home of Nazareth of the Little Sisters of the Annunciation Las Piñas pinoy henyo
Pinoy henyo!!!
Next we blew my birthday cake and the recess part ensued. Kids would love Jollibee, I know because we love it still. We sliced the cake to be shared by everyone. The best part was the ice cream bought by my mom's friend.

Little Home of Nazareth of the Little Sisters of the Annunciation Las Piñas birthday
Happy birthday!!!
Little Home of Nazareth of the Little Sisters of the Annunciation Las Piñas 9
Thank you !
Little Home of Nazareth of the Little Sisters of the Annunciation Las Piñas 10
Photo opp with the sisters while kids are eating :)
It was a great time. Hearing those little voices laugh out loud, seeing them smile, looking at them messily enjoying their spaghetti and ice cream, feeling their tight hugs was beyond wonderful. How I wish the joy in their hearts will last to forever as it did, I believe, in all of us 'elders'.


orphanage in las piñas
Super Fun!
The Challenge
Before we left the orphanage, we pledged to Sister Lucy that we will sponsor a kid at their rate of Php 3,000/ year on Christmas. Unfortunately, my mom had an operation 3rd quarter of the year and come December, my grandma became too ill. I still haven't forgotten that pledge. In the most perfect time, it will come. 

In the meantime, until then, I pray the right people will come across this and support the orphanage.


Little Home of Nazareth (for the Neglected Orphaned and Abandoned)
of the Little Sisters of the Annunciation is located at:
112 Margie Moran St., BF Resort Village, Las Piñas City

Contact Sister Lucy at cellphone number: 0939 444 4603

0 comments: