Rita's Ice-Custard Happiness at Greenhills

Sugar-high! That's how I felt when we went to Rita's in Greenhills. Because I love sweets and ice cream tops that list.

ritas_italian_ice_greenhills_exterior

But ice cream is quite ordinary. What made us went far for a cup of happiness was the qualifier 'italian' in its collateral. Curiosity.

Rita's in Greenhills was just small. Red, white and green, it's a typical Western delight. Good thing the adjacent kiosk was their coffee shop and that's where we stayed. For in the main area, a queue can't be helped.

ritas_italian_ice_greenhills_menu

As a first-timer, tried the basic Gelati (Php 130- regular; Php 160- large). First step was to choose an ice and went for Raspberry. Second was the custard (or ice cream?) and though I thought it a weird combination, went for chocolate.

ritas_italian_ice_greenhills_review

Trying it apart, the Raspberry ice was really good. All throughout, I can taste the flavor (comparing it to a fruit shake and after sipping using straw almost all, the remaining will almost be white and bland as ice). Then I tried the custard. The chocolate for me tasted like a snowpy ice cream. So I tried my friend's vanilla. It could have been a better fit for me. Combining them both wasn't that bad. I must say the flavor turned out unique.

ritas_italian_ice_greenhills_custard

Serving for a regular was enough so as not to have brain freeze.

Happy? Yes.


Click to add a blog post for Rita's Italian Ice on Zomato
:3.5


Rita's Ice-Custard Happiness is located at:


Unit 115-116, V-Mall,
Greenhills Shopping Center, 
Greenhills, San Juan City

Website: http://www.ritasice.com/
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Ritas-Italian-Ice-The-Philippines/470399559676531

0 comments: