San Antonio's Hidden Gem: Bon Banhmi Vietnamese Sandwich

Bon Banhmi is truly a hidden gem. First time I went there with friends was an epic fail. Even when guided by a map, we were debating where to pass and ended up getting lost. When we arrived at around 9pm, they were closed already because of bread sold out. 


bon banhmi san antonio makati food blog

bon banhmi san antonio makati food review

Two days after, just to be sure, we had lunch in Bon Banhmi. Surprisingly, under the scorching heat of the sun, they were already entertaining throng of lunch-goers. Good thing, in the little store, we still had place to sit.


bon banhmi san antonio makati food review

The roasted pork in front caught my attention so I tried Roast Pork Banhmi, medium-sized at Php 79. This size wasn't so small at all. The bread was so crunchy. Inside it were Vietnamese style roasted pork with vegetables and fresh mayonnaise. Every bite was so flavorful. And healthy! From the first until last, there was a generous heap of fillings. The sauce was oozing on one-side and though messy, I enjoyed it. I can also make out the crispiness of the roast pork.


bon banhmi san antonio makati roast pork

For me, it was like eating my favorite shawarma only on a thicker and crunchier bun.I asked my friends if they liked their Traditional Banhmi and said they did. We even concluded that we can ask them to deliver in our apartment some other time.


Though it doesn't sound yummy, I tried their Artichoke Tea at Php 59 due to lack of choice (apart from that, they serve only coffee), too. I did not expect to enjoy it but it's yummy. It tasted like one fine gulaman it quenched my thirst. Again, it's a healthy version too. My only comment on the tea was the ice-- lots of them.



bon banhmi san antonio makati artichoke tea

It was worth the hassle going there. Something new to try plus it's cheap! 


Click to add a blog post for Bon Banhmi on Zomato 
Rating: 4.0 


Bon Banhmi is located at:


8390 Mayapis Street, 
San Antonio, Makati City

Store hours: 6:30 AM to 11 PM 

0 comments: