Eat In Banana Leaf, Anyone?

Right in the middle of the hustle and bustle of the Central Business District, an experience to eat in a banana leaf is possible! Where else but in Banana Leaf, along foodies' haven: Greenbelt 3.

Not only does the name elicit a native fee, but also the interiors of Banana Leaf. Not Filipino, but yes Asian. The interiors mostly made of wood with an interesting play of the lights. Though it's quite a bit dark inside, so forgive my underexposed shots.

banana leaf greenbelt makati
Since 2001 :)
banana leaf greenbelt food review
Charming!
Tried the following in Banana Leaf, but before anything else, let me prove the name:

banana leaf rice on banana leaf
They serve rice in banana leaf ;)
1. Thai Vermicelli Salad- Php 168- I honestly don't know how to make of this. I tastes weird to me, plus the vermicelli. Although I like tomatoes, too, I got afraid to mix it with the other ingredients in fear that it'll worsen. So I don't personally recommend this one. 

banana leaf thai vermicelli salad
Not for me, friends
2. Stir Fried Chinese Kangkong with Sambal Sauce- Php 198- I don't know what Sambal sauce was. All I know is that I enjoyed eating this dish. Though I really am a fan of vegetables. My boss though, thinks it's too salty. 

banana leaf stir fried kangkong
Kangkong lover here
We also tried two kinds of curry here: Malayan Chicken Curry with Potatoes (Php 238), not in the picture. But I like better this:

3. Malayan Beef Curry with Potatoes- Php 288- I like the milky and light flavor of this one. A twist to the regular curry I'm used to. 

banana leaf malayan beef curry
Right there
4. Barbecue Roasted Baby Back Ribs- Php 388- This was what I enjoyed most. Baby Back Ribs! It's has a sweet taste and I love it. It's saucy too and tender.

banana leaf barbecue roasted baby back ribs
Hi baby!
My Banana Leaf experience was average, so was the service.


Click to add a blog post for Banana Leaf on Zomato  
Rating: 3


Banana Leaf has a branch in:


2/F Greenbelt 3, 
Ayala Center,
Makati City

0 comments: