Skillets and Grill: A Gem Down South

Down South, there's a homey restaurant really worth trying. I mean, there are so many things to try right inside the comfort of the South. But this one, just inside BF Resort Village, is once again making abuzz: the brand new old Skillets and Grill. They serve Filipino comfort foods with a twist!


Let me start with rice, my guess of the restaurant's name: rice served in a skillet. That's a total of six (6) cups of rice, by the way.



skillet and grill food review
Rice straight from the skillet! How can that be!
Its menu, according to its chef-owner Ed, was from years before and used it again when they 'reopened'. Thus the picture below. He said they haven't changed even the price. Whoa!

skillet and grill menu price
The old menu used in the new
For starters, their Onion Rings (Php 108), good for sharing, tastes just crispy right. It's served with everyone's favorite, ketchup-mayo sauce. I enjoyed eating this crunchy circles!


skillet and grill onion rings
The favorite pica food
Their Boneless Chicken's (Php 208) a good try, too. Two 1/4 chicken served in their yummy white sauce. Even after the chicken's gone, it's still enjoyable 'licking' off the remnants. If they have bread, I could have sworn to wipe it off with that, too.


skillet and grill boneless chicken
The first time I ate here, serving of chicken was three. Two's good, alright.
Then comes their Squid Alajillo (Php 168) recommended by their in-house chef. I don't particularly enjoy squid if it's not calamari. So I rely on my family's approval of these squishy squid. It's good, they say.


skillet and grill squid alajillo
Want squid at less than Php 200?
When I'm with family too, always there should be Pork Sisig with Egg (Php 158). Who wouldn't love sinful sisig, right? I love it, too. Albeit, I find much tasty those served in food courts.

skillet and grill pork sisig
Colorful sisig
Lastly, Beef Salpicao (Php 199) served with native vinegar. I didn't pay too much attention with the beef itself but coupled with vinegar, it's a surprisingly good combination.


skillet and grill beef salpicao
Served right with a native vinegar. 
Every Sunday and even on weeknights, when I go home, I see so many families and friends feasting here. And it's good to see that Skillet and Grill's once again up and about. Kudos!


Click to add a blog post for Skillets and Grill Restaurant on Zomato 

Rating: 4


Skillets and Grill Restaurant us located at:


No. 47, BF Resort Drive,
BF Resort, 
Las Piñas City

0 comments: