Inside Mama Lou's Italian Kitchen

Mama Lou's Italian Kitchen is one unique but not so cheap restaurant that's a gem here down South. Whenever I pass by this place straight for a food trip in Aguirre Ave., a famous street inside BF Homes because of the many good restos, I always tell myself that I'll find an occasion to celebrate here with my family.


Good thing it came sooner! So we all hopped to BF's famous Italian Kitchen: Mama Lou's! It is really a two-storey house transformed into a full-time restaurant. It's like being invited in a friend's house to feast on their homemade specialty. Talk about hospitality!



(But beware, though. The place can really be jam-packed at many times. So as not to be disappointed, it's better to call for reservations.)



While waiting for the orders to be served, they offer free bread in salsa and pesto dippings. They used to serve crostini-type but I like this better. It can be refilled!



mama lou's italian kitchen BF las pinas
Our third refill :)
For the starters, Chef Salad (Php 275) is perfect with fresh iceberg lettuce, tomatoes, cucumber, mushrooms, garlic sausage drizzled with Italian vinaigrette dressing. Serving is good for my family of five.


mama lou's italian kitchen chef's salad
Starting the meal right with a salad
Off course, an Italian meal wouldn't be so without pizza. Opted for a Pizza Bianca, with mozzarella, bacon and mushroom. A large one costs Php 800+. Price for this big I think's not on their menu. I'm a big fan of pizza, really! But maybe this isn't the flavor for me. Better try some other next time.


Or bad me. Should have I tried it with Arugula and Alfalfa sprouts?



mama lou's italian kitchen pizza bianca
What's better than the Bianca?
mama lou's italian kitchen food review
Served with Alfalfa and Arugula
Good thing, when it comes to pasta I enjoyed. For the red sauce, Italian Sausage Pomodoro (Php 295). It has spicy Italian sausage, tomatoes, garlic and herbs. I love the generous helping of sausage slices!

mama lou's italian sausage pomodoro
Can make out the sausages from here ;) 
Carbonara (Php 295) with creamy Parmesan and bacon pancetta. It's really creamy. Just the right amount that it bordered on too good. Two-thumbs up!


mama lou's italian kitchen carbonara
The king of the night!
It's really good to come back to Mama Lou's after several years (and after some 'no available seat' trips in between). What's more is that this haven is just few miles from home. Great!


Click to add a blog post for Mama Lou's Italian Kitchen on Zomato 
Rating: 4.0


Mama Lou's Italian Kitchen is located at:


Blk 1 Lot 36 Tropical Ave., cor Palace St.,
BF International,
Las PiƱas City

0 comments: