Ramen Nagi: Customizable Goodness

Nagi is a town in Okayma, Japan. Although on their flags, it says Ramen Nagi | Universal Noodle. Could this be the translation I’m looking for?

Maybe the queue was just long. :) Anyway, Ramen Nagi’s interior is bright and loud with the flurry of people and red flags hung all over. I haven’t been to Japan but it feels like eating along its busy streets. And just like how they do it in the land of the ramen, guests are greeted happily in Japanese.

Four kings rule Ramen Nagi’s kingdom:
  • Butao (tonkotsu)
  • Red (spicy)
  • Green (pesto and cheese)
  • Black (squid ink)
I decided for the basic: Butao Ramen starting at Php 390. But they’ll hand omotenashi sheet first and red crayon. It can be customized.

ramen nagi food review
Check first!
I didn't choose the easy way out by checking Chef’s Recommendation.

For the soup base, I want it really rich. Special sauce normal so with garlic. For the toppings starting with pork, I chose belly while for the vegetable, cabbage (though I wish I checked onions, instead). I don’t like spicy so checked none. For the noodles, as per the suggestion in Ikkoryu Fukuoka, went for hard.

ramen nagi butao
Ramen Nagi's Butao
Though I enjoyed the ajitama in Ikkoryu Fukuoka, I didn’t add any extras, even tamago.

The broth in Ramen Nagi is the richest and creamiest I’ve had (well I asked for it). The chashu’s thicker and has a mild sweetness. The noodle was really hard, some were even sticking together. It’s a bit expensive than Ikkoryu Fukuoka but it has a relatively bigger bowl. Though lesser toppings.

In terms of taste, there’s just a very slight difference between Ikkoryu Fukuoka and Ramen Nagi. So choosing between, it has to be, again, Kichitora’s Paitan Ramen Zenbu no Se. ;)

Menu: 





Click to add a blog post for Ramen Nagi on Zomato
Rating: 3.5


Ramen Nagi has a branch in:

South Wing, 
Mall of Asia Complex
Pasay City 

0 comments: