Sumilon in Oslob: A Taste of Paradise

Sumilon in Oslob, Cebu was once listed as a must-see sandbar in the Philippines. Was so lucky to have enjoyed this famous papaparaside, recently.

But before that, let me first applaud search engines. For without it, I never would have known that hitting two adventures with one stone's possible. The beauty of DIY!

It's hard to miss, really. I mean the island. Even when excited or engrossed swimming with the gentle giants, the private island of Sumilon can be easily spotted.

The whaleshark encounter won't take too long. So usually, a sidetrip elsewhere's arranged. Mostly, the cheapest and nearest is Tumalog Falls. A few minutes ride up the mountain via habal-habal.

Well Sumilon's a road (or sea?) less traveled. 

Though just a short 10-15 minute ride via a relatively large outrigger boat, price haggling was cruel. Even when raining, Php 2,000 was still the last price given (entrance per head they already included).

Expensive. I was hoping to bring it down to Php 1,000 based on the blogs I've read. But since they won't budge, might as well grab whatever. For that moment in Sumilon.
Happily, the trip was worth it. And hope these pictures would help paint that thousand words.

sumilon sandbar
Almost there!
sumilon sandbar DIY trip
Oh sandbaaar!
sumilon sandbar travel blog
Ooops, we're only allowed up to this point
sumilon sandbar paradise
Bad weather, but not the sight!
sumilon sandbar experience
I can stay here loooong
sumilon sandbar oslob sidetrip
:)
Clear waters despite the weather; fine creamy sand; the stillness of nature; the melody of the waves; amazing rock formations; not too salty water and little creatures living. It was a sight to behold. I wish I could fill in my lungs all the positivity and fresh air of that moment.

I wish too, to have stayed longer. If only I'm richer by a few thousands, I'll pay for a day trip in Bluewater Sumilon Island Resort-- an exclusive island were day tours range from Php 1,500- 2,000 per pax.

Bucketlist, prepare. 

0 comments: